- OakPLUS Flour is our most potent flavoring product available and is comprised of finely ground oak pieces about the size of ground wheat.
- The total surface area per unit of measure is significantly greater than regular sized chip products.
- The larger surface area means OakPLUS Flour is highly extractable, releasing volumes of oak flavor in short periods of time.
- It assists in masking vegetal overtones without imparting obvious oak character.
- This product binds color and enhances texture leading to bigger mouth feel with a touch of non-aggressive tannin.
- The oak flavor is indiscernible, but the backbone of oak tannin and structure is present making the future of the wine bigger and fuller.
- Wineries that regularly add tannin during fermentation will use OakPLUS in its place and get four benefits from the addition; oak flavor, toast, tannin and color retention.
- OakPLUS Flour can be added directly into the grape-receiving hopper or poured into the top of a fermenter before or during fermentation.
- We suggest using this product primarily during fermentation for lowering vegetative characters and increasing wine texture as stated above.
- The oak flavor and toast adds interest to the wine and the tannin coupled with the toasted oak helps bind phenols and retain color.
- OakPLUS Flour should be the product of choice for wines that need added tannin or color stability. Its small particle size makes for easy processing and removal.
ADDITION RATES & USAGE INSTRUCTIONS
- Due to its small particle size, oak flavors are quickly and easily extracted, therefore addition rates will be lower than other chips products. Oak extraction: 2-5 days.