ABOUT FERMOL COMPLET KILLER
- Selected for AEB by Pascal Biotech® in collaboration with the microbiology department at Reims University, Champagne-Ardenne (France). Isolated from grapes picked in Bourgogne region.
- Nutrient requirements: medium-low
- This is very versatile yeast, effective both in primary fermentation and in the re-start of stuck ones. It is considered a fructo-phylic yeast (consumes fructose, the sugar usually left behind in stuck fermentations).
- It is resistant to very high temperatures and high alcohol (34°C, 94°F and 17.5% alcohol).
- The cells flocculate very well and the wine is easy to filter just a few days after the end of the fermentation.
- It produces moderate amounts of SO2 and glycerol.
- Glycerol production is much higher at high fermentation temperatures (28C/82F)
- 10-30g/100kg crushed grapes